Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Camp Thailand

Today I got the amazing news that I have been accepted on to the Camp Thailand scheme, meaning that I will be spending around five weeks in Thailand next summer. 

Whilst I am there I will be working four mornings a week in a school, teaching Thai children English. In order to do this I will complete a TEFL qualification (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) which is recognised worldwide. 


I will also be working one day a week in an elephant sanctuary, feeding and bathing the animals in the nearby lake. In addition I will be working one day a week in a local silk village. 


As well as these amazing opportunities I can fully immerse myself in the Thai culture, taking language and cooking lessons, as well as getting involved in Thai boxing, kayaking and raft building. The company also arranges a weekly BBQ bonfire party where everyone can get together. 


After my four week placement at the camp I intend to go on the island hopping tour, seeing the most beautiful and exciting beaches that Thailand has to offer, as well as a full moon party and snorkelling trip.  


Camp Thailand. Just 337 days to go. 

I. Can't. Wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment